JLE#26: Reading Notes for The Flying Ogre, Part B

 Reading Notes 




Flying Ogre:

I have never heard of this story before I stumbled upon it in this unit.  It is quite short, but I am looking forward to working with it whenever I write my story.  My plan is to keep the Ogre and the man pursuing it, but possibly change the monk.  I can add a little more of a backstory as to why this particular Ogre is important to capture.  I mentioned in my previous reading notes post that I am considering combining stories and I think I may do so for this story, Guan Yu, and the Panther.  These three stories stood out to me as I read through.  Perhaps, I could even combine the Panther and the Flying Ogres.  I thought it would be interesting to say that the reason why the one Ogre is so sought after is because it had disguised itself as a panther!  might be a fun twist to work with.  


Source: The Chinese Fairy Book, ed. by R. Wilhelm and translated by Frederick H. Martens (1921).

Flying Ogres

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JLE#4: Introduction of JL

JLE#27: Week 7 Story