JLE#39: Reading Notes for the Ranger, Part A

 Reading Notes 


Reading Notes:

I am somewhat familiar with the tale of Robin Hood, but only have memory from when I was a child.  I enjoyed this story with the ranger because it reminded me of a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail where King Arthur fought the dark night in the forest.  It was a pretty funny movie, but I think Robin Hood is a character with wit and he enjoys a duel like any other sellsword or in his case, just a thief.  I think there is a lot I could work with because it appeared that the ranger gave Robin Hood a good challenge.  I would stay in line with the plot and maybe go into further detail of what happens after Robin Hood welcomes the ranger to his ranks.  It would be fun to imagine the possibilities of their adventures considering that is all they do as thieves!  

Story source: The English and Scottish Popular Ballads by Francis James Child (1882-1898). 

-Robin Hood and the Ranger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JLE#4: Introduction of JL

JLE#27: Week 7 Story