JLE#43: Reading notes for Bwolf, Part B

 Reading Notes


The Story of Beowulf by Strafford Riggs with illustrations by Henry Pitz (1933).

Battle With the Dragon


I liked this story because it is similar to most of the stories I have written about.  Another classic battle between hero and foe and it is epic!  I figured here I would stay close to the plot and keep the dragon as the antagonist.  I could go into detail about abilities of the dragon and perhaps provide more descriptive imagery, but I feel like that might not be good as the main focus of the story.  I would like to have known what it would be like if Beowulf survived the battle?  I could go into how he might rule has an eternal King (maybe the dragon's defeat gives him prolonged life).  Decent amount of ideas to work with here and look forward to writing about them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JLE#4: Introduction of JL

JLE#27: Week 7 Story