JLE#8: Time Strategies

 

Time Management 





    I find it useful to read almost anything, so the reading associated with time management strategies is even more of an incentive to read.  I have always considered myself disciplined, but I get distracted and end up procrastinating from time to time.  In The Psychology of Checklists by Lauren Marchese, I found it to be helpful when she suggested the SMART acronym.  Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound goals and/or tasks are essential to my everyday lifestyle.  Upon reading the article I came to the realization I somewhat use this acronym in my head, but never write it down where I can see it.  I think if I write it all down it might be potentially more productive and satisfying.  Also, in 4 Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination, by Peter Banerjea he writes about four simple questions and the psychology behind them.  I like the idea of asking these questions to oneself because I feel that it is a good way to be honest and stay on task.  I certainly utilize this strategy whenever I wake up in the morning and check my whiteboard for my tasks of the day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JLE#4: Introduction of JL

JLE#27: Week 7 Story